Posted by DJ Black Adam

Black Gay Christians, Don’t Blame JESUS for the Social Clubs / Churches that won’t accept you!!

I guess this is for “gays” in general, but since the whole Donnie McClurken / Obama thing, I thought I addressed Black Gays who are Christian.

Let me submit two points before I go on:

One: I am not gay, so I will not pretend to know what a gay person goes through when a family, church or part of a community you have been part of REJECTS you based on who you love.

Two: Understand that theologically, the argument can be made that homosexual sex is sin; as well the argument could be made exegetically that homosexual sex is not sin but fornication is. Either way, the Christian church is supposed to reflect the LOVE OF CHRIST if you see people in what you believe sin or not.

I listened to Gina’s Thursday night podcast, and heard a brother named Terrence (Republic of T) talk about many of his horrible experiences as a gay man in the “Black Church”, I was truly mortified. Read More

He expressed why he left the Church and became a Buddhist, a choice I respect even if I do not agree with it. My point is this to gay Black Christians, if a church is rejecting you, it is not the same as JESUS rejecting you, there are gay and mixed congregations that will accept you, be with people who at least know how to give you love and support you need as a human being.

Listening to Terrance I began to understand something I had not before. You see, I did not grow up in the “Church”, I converted as an adult. I have no ties to any denomination or sect, I am a follower of JESUS. So I had a bit to learn about why gay Blacks in the church don’t simply leave, Terrance explained it to me pretty well.

THE CHURCH AS A SOCIAL / POLITICAL INSTITUTION:

The Black church from what I have found has been somewhat political since the days of slavery. The Black Church was where slaves had the smallest bit of peace they could find in their lives, the AME Church was instrumental in fighting the institution of slavery, the AME Church, the Missionary Baptist Church, the Church of God in Christ, etc. were instrumental in the Civil rights movement, so the church is political and social in a way that is unique to the African American community.

There were homosexuals that worked with Dr. King, so obviously they have been part of the Black church for sometime, lately, due to the evangelical right trying to sway the black Christian vote by focusing on so-called “family values” issues, there has been an upsurge of this homosexual persecution in the church. Here it is folks, even in a church where homosexuality is seen as sin, the fact is, it is a sin between consenting adults, sort of like the fornication and adultery if that is your theological take.

But I have heard the stupid and inane comparisons with “pedophilia”? Good Lord people, what the heck is that about? The fact the people could compare the two is scary.

My theory is that pastors who preach hard against homosexuality, are generally gay themselves and trying to come to terms with their sexuality in contrast to their theology. That’s fine, but don’t bash and hurt people because of your issues, how about PREACH ON THE GOSPEL and let the Holy Ghost do the rest?

PERSONAL RELATIONSHIP WITH CHRIST:

Gay Christians, bottom line, it is between YOU and JESUS. You are supposed to be a Christian, that means FOLLOW JESUS. Show Him in Your Life, and teach others how to do the same. Don’t leave JESUS because of ANY GROUP that rejects you, your relationship should be PERSONAL and with JESUS above anything else.

O.K., I rant, I hope ya’ll got my point, I'm JUS' Saying...